A year in Cryptocurrency
We believe finance isn't all about technology and money, but the people that are part of it.
First and foremost, the team at Bitwala would like to personally wish all our avid customers (and potential Bitwala users) a very Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year.
Once again, another year has flown by! In just twelve months, we launched our current flagship product at Bitwala – the world’s first crypto bank account. Combining the fiat world with the cryptocurrency universe has never been easier and more simple. In the last few months, we’ve learnt a lot about our customers, and we’re especially proud of the loyal Bitwalians who decided to join us on the journey we embarked on.
A year of Bitwala, in an overview:
- Launched the world’s first cryptocurrency bank account
- Grown from a small, energetic team in a co-working space to over 60 bright individuals from over 25 nationalities in our very own Bitwala office.
- Celebrated our fourth birthday - we’ve been playing the crypto game since 2015!
- Introduced partnership with CryptoTax to offer custom tax reports for our users
- Increased trading limits to 30,000 euro per rolling 7-days
- Launched a new beautifully designed app, available on android and iOS
- More currencies and exciting products coming up in the New Year!
- When Bitwala had to restart from scratch in 2016, we didn’t give up. Instead, this happened.
- When we announced in the Summer that we raised 13 million, we didn’t just raise Series A funding. We also became one of the most well-funded cryptocurrency startups in Europe.
What’s next for crypto adoption?
While in 2019, Bitcoin celebrated its 10 year anniversary and companies worldwide are pushing more and more for blockchain adoption. With Bitcoin halving in 2020, this could be another explosive year for Bitcoin.
In the meantime, we’re busy adding another exciting currency to our banking portfolio in the New Year. Stay tuned!