The easiest way to invest in crypto
Buy and sell cryptocurrencies directly from your bank account.
Future proof your finances
Our intuitive app allows you to trade cryptocurrencies with ease. Buy and sell bitcoin and ether with just a few swipes.
Invest in real-time
We offer high trading limits at low cost. You can trade up to €50,000 per week with only a 1%* fee. Plus, our in-app trading charts give you real-time market insights so you can trade confidently.
*Subject to trading conditions of the trading partner
Earn interest on your bitcoin
Our interest account ets you invest in bitcoin effortlessly. Monday becomes payday, with our automatic interest payouts.
CryptoTax made easy
We've partnered with CryptoTax, so your trades are collected in an easy-to-export document. Your legally compliant crypto tax report is just a few clicks away.
Any questions? Read our FAQs?
What is crypto trading?
Crypto trading with Bitwala means buying a cryptocurrency with Euros and selling it for Euros. Similar to stock trading, the price of cryptocurrencies frequently fluctuates. Basic crypto trading is when you purchase cryptocurrencies at a low price and sell them when its value is higher than the cost of your previous purchase.
How does crypto trading with Bitwala work?
Crypto trading with Bitwala is fast, secure, convenient and takes place within the Bitwala platform. Here’s three things you should know:
- You have a trading limit of €50,000 per week - which means that you cannot exceed this amount in Euros for your crypto trades.
- Our fees are 1% per crypto trade (i.e. buying and selling), plus a network fee, which we cannot influence. By the way, before each trade you will receive an overview of all fees – with that knowledge, you can make an informed decision about whether you want to trade or not.
- If you want to crypto trade with Bitwala, you can do so starting with a minimum trade amount of €30.
Which cryptocurrencies should I trade?
Which cryptocurrencies you should trade is entirely your decision. We have decided to offer only the two cryptocurrencies that we believe in the most: Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH).
What’s important when trading cryptocurrenceis?
When trading cryptocurrencies, you should always make sure only to invest as much money as you can lose - and that’s because of the volatility of cryptocurrencies and the risk that comes with it. You should also make sure to have a reliable service provider like Bitwala at your side.
Which crypto strategies are out there?
There's a large variety of crypto trading strategies. Here's a selection:
- HODLing: A typo in a crypto online forum turned "HOLD" into "HODL". It has now turned into a crypto trading strategy that is all about keeping cryptos instead of trading them.
- Dollar-cost averaging: DCA refers to a crypto trading strategy in which a large sum of money is not invested in crypto at once, but divided into several parts that are invested at predefined moments. This procedure eliminates the uncertainty of investing at the right time while the average profit achieved is, in theory, higher to a lump investment.
- Crypto day trading: Crypto day trading is very easy with Bitwala. BUT: Before you hastily move your investments back and forth between crypto and Euro, you should always keep an eye on the costs involved per transaction (1% fee per trade plus network fee). These costs quickly pile up.
- Crypto trading tools at Bitwala: Bitwala offers you helpful tools to make your trading experience more accessible. Price alerts help you to automatically identify trading opportunities. In-app trading charts give you a quick overview of the market. And the Bitwala Candles help you to gain a broader overview of the world of crypto trading.